Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thursday, September 3


Hello All!!!

Hope all is well out there. Things have been very busy here with Brenna going to kindergarten each day (amazing for only 2 hours right now how much time that consumes in a day with walking to and from kindergarten!). Yesterday, Brenna had Kindergarten for her 2 hours in the morning and then we came home for lunch, a "tea party", nap time, some dog walking, and then playing at the very cool playground in town. I must say that some German towns (and zoos) have the biggest and coolest playgrounds that I have seen for kids. The playground we went to yesterday had the coolest slide I have been on in a long, long time (Brenna wasn't sure about how to climb up the "steps", so we went up together about 3 times) - I will have to get pictures of the slide and maybe some video - it was a blast. Brenna had fun playing with the sand and on the smaller slide by herself. We went with our friends Annika and Emma - Brenna is really warming up to people - she hugged Annika when she left and held hands with Emma as we were walking (Emma is 11 months old).

Today when Brenna went to kindergarten I worked on getting our thank you cards out (I hope everyone likes them when they get them) - it was amazing how long it has taken to get these sorted out the way that I wanted them. I was able to work on one of my new projects when Brenna was napping today - I am actually working on a quilt for Brenna (I never thought that I would be quilting - but here it is)! I got 3 blocks done (and one practice one) out of the 30 that will be needed - I think it will go pretty fast when I can work on it. I thought I would give you all a sneak peak at the blocks that I did complete today! Tomorrow I will have to spend some time studying my German - class on Monday probably won't go to well after all my time off. It was raining for our walk to and from Kindergarten today - I think my raincoat and boots were one of the best purchases I made over here, lol!
I also wanted to post a picture of the beautiful bag my sister made for me today - she did a great job on it! Renee - you will have to make something for yourself from that pattern soon - I hope to get started on your bag soon, but I am obviously easily distracted on my projects right now, lol!

Well, that is it for today!

Take Care!

2 comments:

mikaysmom said...

I like the colors you chose for the quilt! Beautiful! You are so making me look bad here! Love you!

DA&B said...

Thanks - it was almost sad to cut into my pretty fabrics...I had to keep telling myself that is why I bought them, lol!! btw - I don't have to worry about nearly as much as you which is why I have more time for projects right now! Hugs to you! Love ya!