Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday, February 23














Hello All!!!

Today was Rosenmontag - a very big party day of Carnival here in Germany (and especially in our small town). I didn't realize that Carnival and Mardi Gras had the same origins, but my dad put the info in my head so I looked it up on the computer yesterday - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mardi_Gras
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival. It is amazing to read all the information about Carnival and how it came to be. We went to the parade here in town and it lasted for 2 1/2 hours!!! It was completely crazy - I can't imagine how Mardi Gras would be. Confetti everywhere - we had it dumped on us several times - and Brenna came home with a ton of candy. She fell asleep after about 2 hours even with all the loud music (and the drinking - lots of drinking and loud people just like Mardi Gras in US!). The top two pictures are of the sidewalk and the road - completely covered in confetti - there is no snow on the ground!! After Brenna fell asleep, the ladies in front of us worked on doubling her candy bag - I think she got more candy after she fell asleep.

Brenna got to dress up in her costume (we only put the skirt on today - she loved it and her bows - although the bow didn't make it to the parade, just the skirt). We bribed her with make-up to get some smiles - she loved the make-up (she is really very girly). Anyway - I thought she looked adorable - so hopefully, you will enjoy todays pics :-) I thought even the sad face was a cute shot :-)
Happy belated birthday to my brother, Eric - hope you guys had a great day :-)
Well, that is all I can think of for today!
Take Care!

1 comments:

mikaysmom said...

What super cheesy photos. She must have loved getting the skirt on and having to see all the parade, etc. Sounds like you live in a nice little town if the locals helped her double her candy hall! Of course, she is irresistable (sp?)! Sounds like you had a blast even though it was chilly! I can't believe all the confetti on the ground! Again, soooo jealous!