Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday, July 17

I had to post this picture above from yesterday - it was taken after my post - I love her cheesy smile (I will be able to make Brenna a book soon of all our self-portraits - good thing I have long arms, lol).



Brenna pretending to be a dog above - her favorite game at our house.
Hello All!!

Hope all is well out there. I have continued to be busy on my projects here :-) (not sure why - I think it is because I don't have any new books to read!). I made Brenna a crayon wallet (I bought the pattern off Etsy - I just couldn't resist how cute these are!) yesterday evening - she loves it! I bought her new crayons today after our walk (we were lucky to walk today - it was "dripping" but at least not raining like it is now) - they are pretty neat as they have a plastic holder on each one that you push the crayon up to use (although they probably won't be sharpened too often - the sharpener that came with them is lousy!). I couldn't find a pad of paper like the person who wrote the pattern - so Brenna has notecards in hers (I think she may enjoy that more anyway - and of course they are pink!). I also made Brenna a "coloring book" cover (o.k. - the pattern was for a journal cover - but I wanted to make one and I figure we can keep all her coloring books together this way for the plane. Plus, I thought the cover might help the book stay open better - I think it was a success (I won't tell you how it was messed up - I have ripped out way too many stitches lately with all my sewing though, lol)). I'm running out of all my favorite fabrics now - I can't believe how low my stash of cottons is - I guess it is good timing though as I can stock up a little bit when we go back on Wednesday :-)
We are all hoping to go to the Tour de France tomorrow - cross your fingers that the weather allows us all to go! (I'm not going to complain too much about the rain - at least it has cooled things off!)
Well, I think that is it for now!
Take Care!

2 comments:

heathmamagam said...

Yes, your long arms have proven to be a good asset! The self-portraits are a keeper! And the projects are so irresistable.!! We are so excited to see you soon.!!!

mikaysmom said...

Okay, those of us who don't have long arms are jealous!!!! lol! Can't wait to see all of your projects!