Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday, March 10

I'm so in love with my new quilt squares :-) I just can't wait to see them all together when it is all done! I really love the one with orange in the background - I think it is my favorite so far (hmm, I think Dustin has converted me to like the Cleveland Brown type colors - who would have thought!).

I love the next two pictures - normally, Brenna doesn't want to be in my pictures, but the last couple times I am photographing my new blocks, she wants to be included :-)

(yes, my daughter wears a tank top every day - at least for school I do have it as an underlayer, but as soon as we walk in the door, all the layers come off, lol)
Brenna enjoying our Snickerdoodle cake with Apple cinnamon frosting - yum! Happy birthday to all those March birthdays out there! (Joy - we continue to love our "cake" plates (at least that is what Brenna calls them) - thank you so much!)
Hello All!!!

Hope all is well out there! Things are good here. I had German class this morning while Brenna was in school (one would think with so many classes I would be speaking the language so much better, but alas, my studying habits need serious improvement). After class, I worked on sewing together my next pinwheel blocks. I just love my colors and seeing all my fabrics in a new way :-)
I was running late since I wanted to finish my blocks before picking up Brenna (which I didn't - but I was pretty close) and I got very lucky to run into one of the ladies that I met in Brenna's playgroup (from our first year here). She offered me a ride as she was picking up her daughter as well - how nice on such a cold windy day (normally I really appreciate the walking, but with the cold weather, I just want to stay curled up inside). We were able to communicate for the short trip to school - so, at least I was happy there, but I am pretty nervous to go to the group meeting on Friday morning for Brenna's kindergarten mom's (it is voluntary, but I think it would be good to go to the parent's meetings when I can - and Eiskaffee in Germany at 10:30 on a Friday morning sounds like a good plan :-) (so, cross your fingers that at least one person can understand my poor language skills or they all just take some pity on the silly American)...
Dustin is in Stuttgart today. I don't think Brenna will still be awake to see him when he gets home, I can't imagine that she has much more than 30 minutes before bedtime tonight as she woke up before 6 (which is not normal for her).
Well, I think that about covers our day! Take Care!

3 comments:

mikaysmom said...

oh, your blocks are super cute and the cake sounds so yummy. I need you to come back to make the apple cinnamon frosting, chad so loves it, but I have no reason to make it! I can't wait for you to see some of my new fabric, necessary to use on the quilt along, I believe! I hope my blocks will be as beautiful as yours!

The Bean's said...

blocks look great and the cake looks yummy on those plates.. lol.. good luck with the other mom's.. you will do just fine :o)

heathmamagam said...

I think the German ladies will just love you ...and they are sure to love your domestic abilities. Yumm, I can almost smell that cake and your special frosting. Your quilting rocks!