Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday, January 25

Hello All!!!

Hope all is well out there! Things are good here - we had a slushy/snowy day (although I think most on the ground was mostly slush - the hills looked pretty with a layer of white). Brenna and I got a late start for school today as I forgot about the permission slip I needed to decide on and then sign (oh, yeah - and translate too - I'm not 100% sure what I agreed for Brenna to do yet, but I'm sure it will be fun, lol - I will have to find out from my German teacher this week on what exactly Dirty Thursday means for the kids before Carnival).

While Brenna was in school today - I worked on finishing a pair of pants that have been in process for about 4 years now (I lost track of when they were started, but I think it was after one of my operations) (I joked with my mom that instead of being an hour pattern or a 2 hour pattern, I had the 4 year pattern - it isn't the first project that has sat unfinished for a long while, but hopefully it will the first of many to get finished this month). I still need to hand sew the hook and eye on the top and then they should be all done :-)

Brenna and I did some painting today and watched some Sponge Bob too (followed by the dog going outside and a bath). Brenna voted for scrambled pancakes for supper (although what she really means is that she wants the sugar and sprinkles on top, lol). Dustin is sure to have a busy week this week with a customer coming to Germany - but hopefully, Brenna will get to see him some this week before she goes to bed. I am going to have to come up with some more fun indoor afternoon activities here soon - although tomorrow we are talking about baking something :-)

Well, that is it for today!
Take Care!

2 comments:

heathmamagam said...

Take pride in finishing those pants..I hope I never have to count all the projects that I have started myself! Can't wait too see what dirty thursday is there!

mikaysmom said...

Looking forward to seeing what other projects are 4 years old or more! I'm surprised they made the journey to Germany for you to finish! LOL! Looking forward to hearing more about this "Dirty Thursday" I wonder if they get to wear dirty clothes???! Haha! Love you!