Saturday, October 3, 2009

Saturday, October 3

My cake for Dustin, I figure, better late than never, lol!!! (by the way, this is our cake for celebrating September and October birthdays. I shouldn't have to make another cake over here until February for birthdays :-)...the next challenge will be seeing if I can wait until then before baking another one, lol). I love the picture below - I can just hear Brenna's thoughts..."Let me at all that frosting - who cares about the pictures!"


Hello All!!!!

Hope all is well out there! It was a beautiful weather day here today and unfortunetly, we spent the whole day inside cleaning (how can such a small apartment have so much stuff crammed into it - oh, that is right, I'm a pack rat, lol!!!). I made a cake for Dustin's birthday yesterday - peanut butter cake with chocolate frosting (yummy cake, but very rich!!). Brenna seemed to have a good field trip - she hasn't really told me too much about it - although she did say something about tossing apples in a basket, so I'm sure it was fun for the kids.
The weather forecast is calling for rain all next week, so we will have to try to get out tomorrow before all the rain comes! We have a trip to London planned for next weekend - it will be weird where people will be speaking English all weekend, lol!
Well, that is it for today!
Take Care!

2 comments:

mikaysmom said...

Looks like you may need a smaller icing tip there sister! The cake sounds yummy. Any time you can mix pb and chocolate will be a winner!

DA&B said...

hah - I was only going to do a border around the outside when I put the tip on, but changed my mind and just went with the large letters. I kind of liked them that way, lol!!